Welcome to Yellow House Book Rental! We are primarily a homeschool curriculum, rental service. However, we offer a variety of services. You can compare each one, at Yellow House Book Rental, and decide which is best for your family
**This post contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links, at no extra cost to you. Thank You!
A Letter from Matt at Axis (Understanding Your Teen Summit)
1. There are no perfect parents.
2. My approach to screens/smartphones truly does matter and can shape my childrens' minds and lives.
3. I must be the first authority on sex and pornography for my child -- Always bringing it up earlier than I actually think I should too. Because the world speaks loudly.
4. The minute I check out on my kids, they will see it and reciprocate.
5. My marriage will set the tone for our household, and shape SO many thoughts and beliefs about "normal" for my children.
6. There will be an unending pressure to "measure up" "fit in" and "be perfect" as a parent, and none of it matters next to loving God and my family.
7. The biggest priority in my family cannot be sports, academics, even treatment of others -- it MUST be a love for Christ. That leads everything else.
8. I want my children to be uncomfortable, meet people they don't look or sound like or even agree with -- then, we'll deal with whatever comes from that and rely on God.
9. God owns my children. They are not mine. I just put them to bed, help them understand the world, and have good and hard conversations with them.
10. No matter what, culture will provide an answer and vision of "the good life" for my children. My task is to live out and present faith and the Gospel as more fulfilling than the immediate gratification the world can give...but balance not creating a fearful mindset...or dualistic philosophy...or raising a little separatist who wants to run away from the world...wow. Parenting is not exactly a 10 point plan, is it?
- September 20th through October 3rd, 2018
- Sign Up for FREE before it ends!
Enjoying the journey,
Michelle Osborn the founder and owner of Yellow House Book Rental, a service to homeschool families. She is a 21-year homeschool veteran of four, two married, one in college, and one homeschooled teenager.
Yellow House Book Rental links to many different sources within our blogs. A link does not equal an endorsement. We cannot guarantee the content of each site (especially its ads).
Visit our sponsors! We receive a small commission when you purchase through these links. Thank you, the purchases do not cost you more but help support our business and ministry. We only promote those that we love and believe in!