Life of Fred Logic
Do you think Logic is a dry, boring subject? It's not! Not when Fred teaches it. What other math book has a chapter titled "Stinky Logic?" This book doesn't have bothersome "problems" or strenuous "exercises." It has delightful "puzzles," instead. It has serious mathematical Logic, from the basics to advanced topics.
As usual, Fred has adventures. Duck comes back. Fred is pressured to buy life insurance for his wife (Fred isn't married). Fred "beeps" the nose of 128 lions.
Suitable as a high school text (first six chapters) or as a college text (all 16 chapters). Semester rental - 5 months.
- Sentences in logic
- Inductive reasoning
- Seventeen logic fallacies
- Predicate logic
- Proofs in predicate logic
- Direct and indirect proofs
- Set theory as a predicate logic structure
- Axiom systems: consistent, complete, meaningful, independent, and recursive
- Arithmetic model
- Gödel numbering of symbols, sentences, and proofs
- Proof of the Diagonal Lemma
- Gödel’s Completeness theorem
- Gödel’s two Incompleteness theorems and their proofs
- Many puzzles and their complete solutions