Exploring Creation With Chemistry Advantage Set
The Exploring Creation with Chemistry Advantage Set includes the textbook, test and solutions manual, and student notebook.
- This high school chemistry course is designed to be a college-prep high school chemistry course. Students will gain an understanding of the world that surrounds them each day of their lives so that they can appreciate the real-world relevance of scientific inquiry. We recommend that students taking this course be proficient at an algebra math level.
- This revised edition offers more in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts, as well as biographical sketches of Christian scientists who’ve made a difference in the field while giving the glory to God. Experiments include measuring specific heat, discovering the electrical conductivity of compounds dissolved in water, measuring the width of a molecule, exploring freezing-point depression, using the ideal gas equation, recognizing the effects of catalysts, and much more. While the lab experiments in this course are designed for the home, some of them are more easily performed using specialized equipment available from Apologia.
Providing a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general chemistry, our award-winning, homeschool, high school chemistry course covers:
- A heavy emphasis on Significant Figures and Units so that students are properly prepared for scientific calculations
- A strong background in the mole concept, stoichiometry, thermochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, acids and bases, redox reactions, solutions, atomic structure, Lewis structures, molecular geometry, gas laws, and equilibrium so that students are well trained for university studies
- Labs that include measuring specific heat, discovering the electrical conductivity of compounds dissolved in water, measuring the width of a molecule, exploring freezing point depression, using the ideal gas equation, recognizing the effects of catalysts, and much more.
The solutions and test manual for Apologia's high school chemistry course - Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, contains answers to module review questions, practice problems, and extra practice problems, as well as the tests and test solutions. A booklet containing an extra set of tests is shrink-wrapped with the manual.
In the Student Notebook, a flexible daily schedule is provided in the student notebook so that your student can independently work on their science assignments.
A typical week requires studying science about 1 hour a day for 5 days. During this time, students read an assigned portion of their textbook, stopping throughout each section to answer “On Your Own” questions to test their comprehension before moving forward. Students self-check their answers against the detailed answers provided at the end of each module.
Laboratory exercises are conducted throughout each module so that students have a hands-on lab component in their scientific study. These have been designed to easily work in the homeschool environment.
At the end of each of 16 modules which take about 2 weeks each to complete, there are Study Guides to help students review their materials before taking their exams. Detailed answers to these questions are provided in the Solutions Manual.
If a student is having difficulty with a module, optional module summaries are available to provide additional support towards a student’s retention and success.
Module exams and quarterly exams, as well as detailed answers, are provided in the Solutions Manual.