Welcome to Yellow House Book Rental! We are primarily a homeschool curriculum, rental service. However, we offer a variety of services. You can compare each one, at Yellow House Book Rental, and decide which is best for your family.
**This post may contain affiliate links and we will be compensated, at no extra charge to you, if you make a purchase after clicking on these li
- I would read aloud to them about historical events and people through living books (We used Sonlight curriuclum for most of our homeschooling years.) This was our after lunch routine, Time together on the couch, letting imaginations loose as we read toghether. My older children would also read books about the same time period or historical events on their own as well.
- We would discuss what we read and learned.
- We would watch a movie about the same topic when possible.
- Sometimes I would have the older children write a paragraph or essay about it. (They branched off on their own when they reached their high school years)
- If we were taveling, we used every opportunity to talk about the historical events and visit the locations, museums, etc where the events took place so we could learn more.
This resource is a great way to add visual learning to your history! I did all the work for you.
Enjoying the journey,
Michelle Osborn is the owner and founder of Yellow House Book Rental, specializing in providing homeschool curriculum for rent or purchase, as well as counseling and guidance for homeschool families. She is a wife of 31years, a 22-year homeschool veteran, and mom of four amazing children and five adorable grandchildren. Three of her children are now entrepreneurs, running their own businesses and doing quite well. Michelle’s passions include serving by leading worship at her church and encouraging homeschool moms through one on one, social media and speaking engagements. She has found her niche in helping parents homeschooling their teens through the high school years and on to pursue their dreams
Yellow House Book Rental links to many different sources within our blogs. A link does not equal an endorsement. We cannot guarantee the content of each site (especially its ads).
Visit our sponsors! We receive a small commission when you purchase through these links. (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Thank you. The purchases do not cost you more but help support our business and ministry. We only promote those that we love and believe in!
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: activities, Children, Family, History, Homeschool, Homeschooling, Notgrass, resources, Travel, unit study