Welcome to Yellow House Book Rental!
We are primarily a homeschool curriculum, rental service. However, we offer a variety of services. You can compare each one, at Yellow House Book Rental, and decide which is best for your family.
**This post may contain affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links. There is no extra cost on your part.
Tip #1: Finding a Location and/or Becoming Your Own Testing Location
If your testing location cancelled the test and you don't know where to find another location, you do have options. Remember...you're not required to take these tests in your district.
- First check the College Board's school search:
- If you don't have a facility near you, you can become your own testing site! This is amazing news, especially if you're concerned your student will not be able to take the test due to the facility canceling. This puts more control back into your hands. Gather your co-op, support group, church, community center, etc and apply. Visit https://collegeboard.tfaforms.net/63
- If your test is canceled, you can transfer your registration to another time or request a refund. This transfer must be completed through your online College Board Account
- If your testing location canceled the SAT, consider an alternative test. Like the ACT or CLT. Or vice versa. SAT or ACT tests are about 99% the same.
- The College Board just released a new date for the PSAT, January 26, 2021.
- The CLT is a newer test on the scene. Colleges are accepting this test.
- Think about applying to a test-optional school that will allow admittance without an SAT or ACT.
Tip #3: Consider Deferred Exam Score Submission:
Some schools are allowing new students to enroll based on the agreement that they will submit an SAT or ACT score later when they are able to do so. By deferring your score, you are able to spend that time practicing and raise your score. Many schools are temporarily suspending score submission, but if you're looking for scholarship money, a high score can make the difference.
- First, check with the college/university you're interested in to see if they are accepting deferred exam score submissions.
- If so, use this extra time to practice. Do not wait until the last minute or when you're already a university student taking college courses to study for entrance exams. Your college course load will not allow for time to study for the test.
Tip #4: If you're a senior, you can use Early Registration Access
If your senior has not taken the test yet, they qualify for Early Registration Access. Because so many facilities are limiting test capacity, this is extremely important for seniors. The reason why a student has not taken the test does not matter. Use this opportunity if it applies to you!
Tip #5: Continue Prepping for the Test
Prepping for the test now will give your students an edge. Why? Because many students aren't even thinking about test prep. But your student can use this time to get ahead.
For those of you who already have College Prep Genius, make sure you are using it during this time. For those of you who don't, visit their site to learn more about our eCourses and virtual boot camps.
Enjoying the journey,
Michelle Osborn is the owner and founder of Yellow House Book Rental, specializing in providing homeschool curriculum for rent or purchase, as well as counseling and guidance for homeschool families. She is a wife of 30 years, a 22-year homeschool veteran, and mom of four amazing children. She and her husband absolutely adore their four grandchildren. Two of her children are now entrepreneurs, running their own businesses and doing quite well. Michelle’s passions include serving by leading worship at her church and encouraging homeschool moms through one on one, social media and speaking engagements. She has found her niche in helping parents homeschooling their teens through the high school years and on to pursue their dreams
Yellow House Book Rental links to many different sources within our blogs. A link does not equal an endorsement. We cannot guarantee the content of each site (especially its ads).
Visit our sponsors! We receive a small commission when you purchase through these links. (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Thank you. The purchases do not cost you more but help support our business and ministry. We only promote those that we love and believe in!
Share this post