Welcome to Yellow House Book Rental! We are primarily a homeschool curriculum, rental service. However, we offer a variety of services. You can compare each one, at Yellow House Book Rental, and decide which is best for your family.
**This post contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on affiliate links. Thank you!
- Extra demands--Christmas shopping, baking, sewing, cleaning, decorating, hosting--on an already overwhelming schedule;
- Memories for your kids--doing Advent calendars, wrapping presents, making cards, seeing Christmas lights, watching the Nutcracker, reading the Christmas story, warming spiced apple cider, singing Christmas carols, visiting nursing homes--while physically exhausted, financially strapped, and/or emotionally struggling;
- Others who seemingly do it all--everything listed in the previous two points--who make you feel like a failure with their energy, money, and happiness (though I can promise you that things are NOT as they seem);
- Trying to focus on the real reason for the season--the birth of the Savior of the world--in the midst of the flurry of activities.
- Take the time to simply enjoy being with your family this Christmas.
- Slow down, be aware of, and enjoy the specific tastes and smells of the Christmas season, like spiced apple cider and the woodsy pine scent of a Christmas tree.
- Listen to the music that speaks most deeply to you in this season, and enjoy every bit of it.
- Be childlike in your delight of surprises, of colored lights, of treasured stories that are read each year at Christmas--take them in and enjoy them with all your heart.
- Give to others in the way you and your family enjoy--singing Christmas carols, bringing gifts of food, spending time with those who you don't often have the chance to see.
- Enjoy the reflective time you have in the Word, and then share with your children the wonder of God's fathomless love in the advent of Jesus.
Share this post